Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Project 1 - Banner - Theodor Geisel - typography choices

So after completing this work on Dr. Seuss, I learned that we were only able to use images from gettyimages.com and artchive.com.  As it turns out, none of his work is on either of the school-approved websites.  I went to the official website for his work and read that it was possible to request permission to use his artwork, it was only available via request by mail, which would take several weeks.  Therefore I knew I needed to choose a different artist.  I apologize for not reading the syllabus and realizing I should have posted this work to my blog...

At the class last Tuesday, April 19, I chose to use the artist Al Hirschfeld.  You & I discussed this and then I emailed thru his official website to request permission to use his artwork.  Unfortunately as of classtime today, Tuesday, April 26 I still had not heard back from the Hirschfeld site.  Now that I'm completely late with this entire project, I am choosing an artist tonight and I will post the work prior to class Thursday evening.  Thank you for your patience.  In the future I will refer to the syllabus more often :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment