Tuesday, April 12, 2011

many designs of windows

As I mentioned in my earlier blogs, I have a hobby of photographing architecture and elements of architecture when I travel.  I thought it was fitting if I put this photo first:
This window is in the Lacock Abbey in Lacock, England, which is the home of photography. 
This window was the subject of the first ever (accidental) photograph using the negative-positive technique.

This is a simple window of the Abbey in Oxford, England.

This ornate stained glass window is in the cathedral at Glasgow University

Another photoof the window from inside the cathedral on the grounds of Glasgow University.

A more complex window, also in the cathedral in Oxford


This is a window in the ruins of an old gold mining 'plant' in Aruba

This is the window of a hotel in Amsterdam.

I find the differences in these designs to be dramatic and interesting!  I hope you do as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment